For ten days in April 2022, the Carl Nielsen International Competition – for violin, clarinet and flute – will for the second time be held concurrently in the composer’s hometown of Odense, Denmark. The Odense Symphony Orchestra invites young instrumentalists under the age of 30 in each instrumental category to apply.
Application is closed.
Conditions for applying to the Carl Nielsen International Competition 2022:
The contestants shall meet the following conditions:
a) All competitions – flute, clarinet and violin – are open for all nationalities under the age of 30 on the first day of the competition. Flutists must be born on or after 21 March 1992. Clarinetists must be born on or after 21 March 1992. Violinists must be born on or after 21 March 1992.
b) The application must be completed and submitted online by 30 October 2021.
c) There is an application fee of DKK 750 to be paid by credit card. The applicant will be asked to submit their name and email after which they will be immediately redirected to the payment page.
d) The applicant will be asked to fill in an online application, which will require from them the following:
- A portrait photo
- A copy of his/her passport
- Upload of video recordings of the applicant performing requested pieces as announced on the competition‘s official website
- Maximum of 5 lines per each section; include highlights of your Schools/Educations, Teachers, Competitions, Performances and/or Recordings.
- Maximum of 800 characters biography
- Selection of which pieces he/she will be playing in all rounds and finals as announced on the competition’s website
e) Applicants will be informed in January 2022, as to whether they have been accepted as contestants in the Carl Nielsen International Competition.
f) Contestants must report to the Carl Nielsen International Competition before 15 January 2022, whether they wish to accept the invitation to the competition.
g) In extraordinary circumstances (force majeure), the General Manager of the competition may permit late arrivals to participate in the competition, if they report personally, no later than one day after the first round of the competition has begun.